The aim of the present study is to develop a new HPV diagnostic tool with high sensitivity and specificity, and low cost, to allow a kick detection of the virus in the same Doctor’s office in which the sample is taken, thus minimizing dependence on specialized laboratories and laboratory staff specific training.
Secondary objectives are:
- To facilitate the diagnosis and medical decisions,
- To reduce HPV diagnostic time to 10-15 minutes
- To reduce the cost of the diagnostic test to 5 times the current value,
- To limit reliance on specialized laboratories and performing diagnosis in the Doctor’s office
- To increase the versatility of the supramolecular techniques in the design of nanoscale devices designed to respond to patient the clinical needs.